Friday, August 9, 2013

Tenth Anniversary of my 'The Vampire Files' Collection

This month marks the tenth anniversary that I began my first adult paranormal series written by P.N. Elrod. She is best known for writing the The Vampire Files, a series about a journalist-turned vampire detective Jack Fleming whose first case is to solve his OWN murder! There's 12 books and counting, as well as a number of short stories about his adventures in 1930s Chicago.

Since I was a major fan of the cult 1990s TV series, Forever Knight, I felt lucky that I found another author who also loved the show. I stumbled upon one of her books during vacation when I happened to walk into a discount store that sold mass market paperbacks. I saw one of her titles, became intrigued with the plot and characters, and purchased the book. I became so fascinated with the history of Chicago that I eventually relocated and completed my undergraduate studies in the Chicagoland area! The rest is history.

This series would also help me learn about other famous paranormal/fantasy authors, such as Tanya Huff, Charlaine Harris, and Lynsay Sands. As of July 2013, I have read over 125 fantasy/science fiction books by sixteen authors. Since I launched this blog in 2008, I have read and reviewed every The Vampire Files novels and novellas. Because I loved this series throughout college, I will share links where you can access the books for purchase below. Please take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to learn about an amazing (but often overlooked) historical paranormal series you will want to have in your collection!

List of novels by omnibus:
  • Volume 1: Bloodlist, Lifeblood, Bloodcircle

  • Volume 2: Art in the Blood, Fire in the Blood, Blood on the Water

  • Volume 3: Chill in the Blood; Dark Sleep

  • Volume 4: Lady Crymsyn; Cold Streets

  • Volume 5: Song in the Dark; Dark Road Rising


No comments: