Monday, September 29, 2008

"Boku wa, Tori ni Naru" ("If I Were a Bird")

I have just finished watching the entire series, Code Geass R2: Lelouch of the Rebellion. Wow, what an amazing epic story. I almost lost faith in this series midway through the second season but I stayed loyal to the end. After 50 episodes (almost a year!), I'm definitely glad. The ending also has a major surprise.

Right now, I will discuss one of the songs from the second original soundtrack (OST) called "Boku wa, Tori ni Naru" (English translation: "If I Were a Bird") by Hitomi. I strongly believe this should have been the ending of Episode 25 instead of the Ali Project song. It has a lovely night box melody that turns mysterious and majestic. This song is so good and addictive! When I find the lyrics, I will update this review and post them (English and Japanese) on the blog.


Update! Stay tuned for my review of Code Geass! I will have it ready in November.

UPDATE: I have posted the lyrics in English and Japanese. Click on the link below to access them.


When I just can’t find my way
You are always there for me
When I am out of my way
You are always there for me

When I just can’t find my way
You are always there for me
When I am out of my way
You are always there for me

Like a bird in the sky
You set me free
You give me one heart
Like a star in my night
You’ll always be a part of me

When I just can’t fly my way
You are always there
You are always there
You are always there for me

In my darkest dreams
I hear you call me
You give me the reason to live
In my dirty heart
I hear you call me
And you reach out to carry me away

No one can save my soul
Only you

Like a bird in the sky
You set me free
You give me one heart
Like a star in my night
You’ll always be a part of me

Kurai tsuki anjisuru
Sono hikari no saki de wa
Futashika na sonzai no
Boku no yume ga umarekawaru

Isogi ikiru kedo
Gomen ne

Tori ga sora o tobimawareru you ni
Boku wa jiyuu ni ima nareru n da

Boku wa jiyuu ni ima nareru n da

Tori ga sora o tobimawareru you ni
Boku wa jiyuu ni ima nareru n da

Like a bird in the sky
You set me free
You give me one heart
Like a star in my night
You’ll always be a part of me

Like a star in my night
You’ll always be a part of me


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks, i like this song very much so the lyric too, its an incredible song.

thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I strongly believe this should have been the ending of Episode 25 instead of the Ali Project song.

LoL, you are so god damn right!
Thx for the lyric anw, I love it...

Anonymous said...

I just love this song. It makes a bit sad cause reminds me of Rollo TwT

Wicked Melody said...

Code Geass may have ended months ago but I still listen to this song on my playlist. Thanks for the comments!

Wicked Melody

PlatinumTheHitgirl said...

This song is just so beautiful, so elegant. Hitomi's voice is so mystifying. And the lyrics, oh, they are so meaningful! You can feel all the emotions meant to be conveyed. This song is perfect.
And very sad too. Reminds me of Rolo, my favourite character. I cry every time I watch his death scene. TTT.TTT

PlatinumTheHitgirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.