Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Danzai no Hana ~Guilty Sky~ (Ballad Version)


This is currently one of my favorite Japanese anime songs. You can hear the ancient Japanese theme (hint: flute) throughout the song. It is the ballad version of "Danzai no Hana ~Guilty Sky~" by Riyu Kosaka. I will write a review on the popular anime show, Claymore, in the near future. There are various Claymore scenes in the music video. Enjoy the song.


Hear my heart, wandering inside your mind
I still can't let you go
Feel my hand, reaching out for you
there's nowhere I can rest my soul
Yet again, somebody is crying all alone
lost in the night
A trick is played, fate is what we can't avoid
but now we have to move on
Still I cherish what you gave to me
nothing can take its place
Do you know how trapped
I am, don't leave me here alone
Beautiful, the flowers bloom
her grace will never die
Nothing can shake her mind
she'll keep her face towards the blazing light
Clouds that break away today
share my pain oh guilty sky
Deep down inside I cried for my soul
embraced the tears that flows


This is a partial English translation of the song. The lyrics perfectly describe the deep and loving relationship Clare shared with Teresa in Claymore: her low perception of herself and her constant wish to return to the past. However, she hides the pain and embraces the present.

No comments: