Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Stranger in Paradise" by Sarah Brightman

I love the melody of this song, Stranger in Paradise, from her album, Harem. The melody was adopted from Alexander Borodin's Russian epic opera, Prince Igor, and 1953 Broadway musical, Kismet, which takes place in Baghdad in the times of Arabian Nights. Sarah Brightman is an excellent singer. Her career spans Broadway musicals, classical opera, and crossover pop-rock genres. I recommend her music.

I feel like I am in fantasy land where my boyfriend and I are the only people. We enjoy the nature around us, and share precious memories together. Enjoy the music!

Stranger In Paradise - Sarah Brightman

Update: Click here for the lyrics.


Take my hand
I'm a stranger in paradise
All lost in a wonderland
A stranger in paradise
If I stand starry-eyed
That's the danger in paradise
For mortals who stand beside an angel like you

I saw your face ascending
Out of the common place and into the rare
Now somewhere out in space I hang suspended
Until I'm certain that there's a chance that you care

Won't you answer this fervent prayer
Of a stranger in paradise
Don't send me in dark despair
From all that I hunger for
But open your angel's arms
To this stranger in paradise
And tell him that he need be
A stranger no more



No comments: