Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 Reflections of Wicked Melody's Tavern

Happy New Year 2009!

2008 was a great year for Wicked Melody's Tavern. I originally began this project in December 2007 as a side hobby. When I was a child, I had a tendency to gravitate towards the magical and mystical. I have been reading and writing reviews about my favorite paranormal authors for several years now. But I had never posted them on the internet so that they could be accessible to the public. My goal was to create my own personal blog that would introduce people to the paranormal and the supernatural. I expanded this idea to works of fantasy and science fiction. As a lifetime Japanese animation enthusiast, I also wanted to share my favorite shows (some of which are based on mythology and legends). I would initially cover novels, movies, TV shows, music, and urban legends.

As of today, this site has received over 5400 visitors from around the world!! I averaged 62 visitors per day. More than I had ever anticipated. I believed my site would not receive much attention because many people are skeptical and not interested in the supernatural. The premiere of TV shows such as True Blood and Supernatural successfully proved to producers that audiences enjoy this genre. It also shows there is a large global audience who demands paranormal coverage. Remember, we live in a very spiritual and supernatural world.

I want to say thank you very much everyone for your support. Please spread the word about my blog. I will continue to provide excellent paranormal reviews and updates of your favorite authors and entertainment!

Note: I am also open to new novels, movies and TV shows. I am always making improvements to this site. This is where I need your help. Please post suggestions so that I would take your ideas into consideration and cover them in this blog. Thanks!

No comments: