Monday, March 18, 2019

Review: American Remake of "Being Human" (2011-2014)




Three twenty-somethings share a house and try to live a normal life despite being a ghost, a werewolf, and a vampire. 
I recently discovered that there is an American remake (2011-2014) of the UK version of "Being Human." It originally aired on the Syfy  channel for three seasons. I have not watched the series, but from the positive reviews that I have observed, I may check it out. I briefly watched the British version years ago, and the humor was more on the dry and cynical side than what Americans may be accustomed to. I hope that the American version has better acting and a more entertaining plot. It is now available for purchase on DVD.

After watching the entire first season, I must say that I was impressed with the acting and direction of the remake. While some fans will always stay true to the original British TV show, I believe the American remake addresses some of the weaknesses of the original plot and gives the audience more character development.

Check out the trailer below:



No comments: